2016 James Beard Foundation Book Awards – For books published in English in 2015. Winners will be announced on April 26, 2016.
- American Wine: A Coming-of-Age Story
Tom Acitelli (Chicago Review Press)
- Lost Recipes of Prohibition: Notes from a Bootlegger’s Manual
Matthew Rowley (Countryman Press)
- The Oxford Companion to Wine Jancis Robinson and Julia Harding (Oxford University Press)
2016 James Beard Foundation Journalism Awards – For articles published in English in 2015. Winners will be announced on April 26, 2016.
Wine, Spirits, and Other Beverages
- “Let Us Now Retire the Whiskey Woman” Courtney Balestier – Punch
- “Old World, New Wine” Alan Richman – GQ
- “There Are Almost No Black People Brewing Craft Beer. Here’s Why.” Dave Infante – Thrillist
2016 James Beard Foundation Restaurant and Chef Awards – Winners will be announced on May 2, 2016.
Outstanding Bar Program – A restaurant or bar that demonstrates excellence in cocktail, spirits and/or beer service.
- Arnaud’s French 75 Bar, New Orleans
- Bar Agricole, San Francisco
- Clyde Common, Portland, OR
- Cure, New Orleans
- Maison Premiere, Brooklyn, NY
Outstanding Wine Program
Presented by Robert Mondavi Winery – A restaurant in operation five or more years that serves as a standard bearer for excellence in wine service through a well-presented wine list, knowledgeable staff, and efforts to educate customers about wine.
- Bern’s Steakhouse, Tampa, FL
- Canlis, Seattle
- Commander’s Palace, New Orleans
- FIG, Charleston, SC
- Sepia, Chicago
Outstanding Wine, Beer, or Spirits Professional – A beer, wine or spirits professional who has made a significant national impact on the restaurant industry.
- Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, DE
- Ron Cooper, Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal, Ranchos de Taos, NM Miljenko Grgich, Grgich Hills Estate, Rutherford, CA
- Rob Tod, Allagash Brewing Company, Portland, ME
- Harlen Wheatley Buffalo Trace Distillery, Frankfort, KY
2016 James Beard Foundation Who’s Who of Food & Beverage in America Inductees
- Gina Gallo
Winemaker Sonoma, CA
- Jim Lahey
Baker and Proprietor NYC
- Ed Levine
Author and Founder of Serious Eats NYC
- Temple Grandin
Author and Animal Rights Activist Fort Collins, CO
- Marcus Samuelsson
Chef and Restaurateur NYC