This coming Saturday marks the 4th Annual Bartender Appreciation Day. Sponsored by Sailor Jerry Rum, this day encourages customers to give a little bit extra for the men and women behind the stick who serve us those thirst quenching beverages 365 days a year!
Here are some interesting facts to consider:
- A vast majority of Americans — 76 percent to be exact — think a bartender is more important than the décor of a bar.
- Seventy-four percent of respondents who visit bars tip a bartender more than 15 percent. And 74 percent also believe that the better they tip, the better service they will receive.
- Respondents in the South are the most generous tippers, with 57 percent of those who visit a bar tipping a bartender 20 percent or more.
- Sixty-three percent of female respondents who visit a bar find people who leave good tips for bartenders more appealing, while 60 percent of men find the same.
- Forty-four percent of respondents who visit bars agree that they would never go out on another date with a person if they did not tip the bartender. Broken down by gender, women lead the pack, with 51 percent saying they would not go on another date, with only 37 percent of men feeling the same way.
- Men who visit bars are more likely than women to leave large tips of more than 20 percent.
- Of all respondents who visit bars, people between the ages of 21-34 tip the highest with 61 percent tipping 16 percent or more, compared to only 47 percent of respondents over 45 years of age.
Statistics from The Harris Interactive survey in 2011 which involved 2,078 adults
Bartender Appreciation Toast
Here’s to the men and women who give up their late nights out, so we can have ours
Who make our drinks, pour our shots, and give us our nightly snacks
We honour their hard work and their unwavering patience
Without them, we would be out on the street or even worse, stuck at home.