Founded by spirits industry entrepreneur Ken MacKenzie with award-winning mixologist and bar industry veteran H. Joseph Ehrmann (Elixir, San Francisco), Fresh Victor is a line of fresh, clean-label, cold-pressed juice-based mixers for making high quality, easy and versatile craft cocktails and mocktails. Made in Northern California, Fresh Victor utilizes several fair trade-sourced ingredients. Sold in 16 and 64 ounce sizes, Fresh Victor is currently available direct to consumer in 48 states via their website. A pint bottle of Fresh Victor makes about 5-8 craft cocktails or mocktails – $2 a drink. You have to squeeze a lot of limes, prickly pears, peel pomegranates, find organic agave and organic cane sugar, and more to do better than that. And who has the time or wants to wait?
There are seven different flavors, each one crafted to work with a specific spirit, whether it be vodka, rum, whiskey, tequila or mezcal.
- Cactus Pear & Pomegranate is made with filtered water, fresh lime juice, organic cane sugar, fresh prickly pear puree, fresh pomegranate juice, organic agave nectar. GSN’s Remarks: Sweet, with a slightly tart edge. Try this with blnaco tequila or vodka. GSN Rating: B+
- Cucumber & Lime is made with filtered water, cucumber juice, lime juice, organic agave nectar. GSN’s Remarks: Really nice. The cuke comes through just enough to balance the lime with some cooling flavor. Perfect for gin and vodka. GSN Rating: A
- Jalapeño & Lime is made with filtered water, organic cane sugar, fresh jalapeño puree, (natural pepper extract), organic agave nectar. GSN’s Remarks: My goodness, this one has some heat. A bit much for my taste, but I know that a lot of our readers love the burn. A good one for a spicy Daiquiri, or add some to your next Bloody Mary or Margarita. GSN Rating: B+
- Lemon Sour is made with lemon juice, filtered water, and organic cane sugar. GSN’s Remarks: Not much to say here, other than it is rock solid. Good for just about any unaged spirit, but also works well with bourbon. GSN Rating: B
- Mexican Lime & Agave is made with filtered water, fresh lime juice, organic cane sugar, organic agave nectar. GSN’s Remarks: Another solid performer designed for Margaritas. A bit on the sweet side, but not overly so. GSN Rating: B+
- Pineapple & Ginger Root is made with filtered water, organic cane sugar, fresh pineapple juice, fresh lemon juice, fresh ginger juice, organic agave nectar. GSN’s Remarks: This is excellent! Our personal favorite. This works exceptionally well with tequila, rum, vodka and brandy. Hits the spot with a great balance of fruit and heat. GSN Rating: A+
- Three Citrus & Mint Leaf is made with filtered water, organic cane sugar, fresh lemon juice, fresh lime juice, fresh orange juice, organic agave nectar, fresh mint leaves. GSN’s Remarks: Mint is so hard to pull off in a mixer. Here it works better than many we’ve tried. There’s a slightly bitter edge that can draw attention away from the liquor, but overall, it mostly succeeds. GSN Rating: B
Note: If you won’t be using the whole bottle within two weeks, fill some ice trays with it and pull cubes as needed.
For more information go to: Shop Fresh Victor