Aperol, Italy’s Popular Spirit, Is Searching for Four Plugged-In Social Butterflies To “Brunch For A Living” All Summer Long. Apply Now For the Best Job in the World
SAN FRANCISCO (APRIL 23, 2014) – Love brunch? Have we got a job for you. Live for brunch, drink an Aperol Spritz®, look great, and collect a paycheck — it’s a hard job but, hey, someone’s got to do it. Italy’s popular spirit, Aperol®, is declaring its signature cocktail, the Aperol Spritz, the official drink of brunch this summer and is looking for brunch aficionados to spread the word. With its bright orange color, refreshing taste and bubbly, fun essence the Aperol Spritz will inspire a new spin on brunch and encourage consumers to toss out those old, tired mimosas and enjoy the warm summer weather with a side of an Aperol Spritz!
Brunch isn’t just a meal – it’s a lifestyle and its best enjoyed with an Aperol Spritz. Because of this, Aperol created the Aperol Brunch Society. Every society needs its leaders, so Aperol is hiring four Chief Brunch Officers (CBO’s) to “Brunch for a Living.” As the head of each of their local chapters in New York, San Francisco, Miami and Los Angeles, the Chief Brunch Officers will enjoy amazing brunches with their friends at the hottest spots in their cities all summer long and share the happiness by spreading the word of their signature cocktail, the Aperol Spritz, with an ever-increasing group of interesting people. “Brunch for a Living,” what on earth could be better?
“Brunch is America’s weekend darling and the Aperol Spritz is the perfect drink for this treasured pastime with its low alcohol content and crisp, zesty orange taste. It’s stunning to behold, delicious to drink and as easy to prepare as 3-2-1,” says Kathleen Schuart, Senior Marketing Director, White Spirits, Campari America. “As the Aperol Spritz trend grows quickly in the U.S., we need people we can trust to make sure the Aperol Spritz is being made and enjoyed properly, so we’ve launched the ‘Brunch For A Living’ job search to find the ideal candidates to spread the word about the next great summer cocktail. I think the boring mimosa’s days are numbered.”
The job search runs through May 31. To apply for the position, applicants must submit a 15-second video on Instagram explaining why they should be named their city’s Chief Brunch Officer using @AperolUSA along with #BrunchForALiving tags. Job qualifications include:
- Insider knowledge of candidate city’s hottest brunch spots
- Almost painfully prolific social media user
- Live in one of Aperol Spritz designated metro areas
- Exceptional standards of style and culture
- A killer sense of humor
- 21 and up
The more “likes” an applicant has, the more visible the video becomes and the greater the chances of getting the job. Consumers can visit www.aperolbrunchsociety. com to learn more and check out their competition as they submit their videos.
Once a brunch lover lands the coveted Chief Brunch Officer position, their responsibilities kick in and will include:
- Drink the Aperol Spritz and enjoy brunches at different locations every weekend between June and August – but remember to always enjoy Aperol responsibly.
- Fill your table with old and new friends each week.
- Promote your chapter of the Brunch Society and introduce as many new members to the Brunch Society as you can.
- Constantly post and spread the word online about the Aperol Spritz at brunch, curating photos, videos and stories of how much your chapter is winning at life during your brunches. Share the happiness with consistent weekly social posts using #BrunchSociety and tagging @AperolUSA.
The Aperol Spritz can be found in the hottest bars and brunch spots. With its bright orange color, refreshing taste and bubbly effervescence, the Aperol Spritz is summer’s perfect cocktail as it tastes like the season feels – light, crisp and fun – with 3 parts Prosecco, 2 parts Aperol and 1 part soda water, over ice and garnished with orange.